Tuesday, November 3, 2009

that is the question.

doesn't it feel like, somedays, you go through your daily motions, walk through doorways, talk to people, but you're not really doing it? does it feel like you've lost your humour or your laugh or your personality?

sometimes i have to hold back my laughter or my smile, sometimes i have to repeat myself twice, sometimes i don't know what to wear and put on a hoodie and jeans and call it an outfit.

sometimes i don't shower in the mornings, and i end up wondering if my hair looks like crap for the rest of the day.

there are so many consequences to every little thing in life, so is it really worth it?

"To be, or not to be: that is the question:



Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer


The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,


Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,


And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;


No more; and by a sleep to say we end


The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks


That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation


Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;


To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;


For in that sleep of death what dreams may come


When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,


Must give us pause: there's the respect


That makes calamity of so long life;"

Hamlet III, i, -


Sometimes I have to ask many people "What day is it?" to really understand their answers.

(Sometimes I wish vampires really do exist.
Really, now what does that mean for me?)

Well, bloggers, I'm writing a novel for National Novel Writing Month, NaNoWriMo.org: it's 30 days of writing 50 000 words by the end of November. I've only got 4000 so far. Shit. Good luck to my friends who are doing it as well! I hope at least one of us makes it (as our marks will surely suffer for it).



cupcakes completely unrelated to post.

or

"to eat or not to eat: that is the question;
whether 'tis more generous to place these
designer cupcakes in the world's view,
or taste the sweetness of pastry
and by eating them, destroy its value? To taste, to chew
No more; and by a taste, we mean to savour
The crumbly and utterly sugared frosting
The man will crave for..."

um, you get my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment